About this Role
Slingshot is looking to hire a talented and passionate wrangler of people, ideas, and problems. This role is for a strategic thinking individual who likes to solve problems and advocates for the user. In this role you’ll be tasked with leading problem solving discussions with clients, stakeholders, designers, and developers.
You’ll be expected to drive to the root of a problem and work with the team for a creative solution. You’ll then guide the team through design, development, and launch.
In this role you’ll be acting as the main client contact for a project and sometimes be assisted by an Associate Product Owner. You’ll work on a wide variety of project sizes and the responsibilities may vary accordingly.
A background in technology or engineering is necessary for this role and you should be excited overall about working within a software driven environment. You should be someone who loves people, solving problems, is well organized, and enjoys strategic and creative thinking. We want someone who is confident enough to recommend solutions to stakeholders and drive collaborative discussion amongst the team.
- Works with clients to establish the overall vision, strategy and direction of the products
- Writes and owns product epics and features that shape the product development
- Works with the QA Team to establish a testing strategy
- Responsible for driving UX/UI design to align with the overall product vision
- Leads sprint planning, sometimes with assistance from an Associate Product Owner
- Creates client deliverables, and leads project milestone meetings
- Leads research phase of the project, understanding competition and market
- Is responsible for ensuring that the project stays within the agreed scope
- Typically works with an Associate Product Owner but sometimes tasked with writing stories and leading daily standups with the development team
- Is confident in leading high level project discussions with C suite executives and key stakeholders
- Has a background in software development
- Enjoys working with people and loves tech
Required skills & expertise
- 3+ years of product management experience working on web and/or mobile products
- Hands-on experience in all stages of the product life cycle
- Prior software development or design experience a plus
- Capable of managing multiple projects at once
- A passionate commitment to user-centered design and development
- Proven track record of making smart trade-offs between feature development versus time-to-market
- Familiarity with product and software development techniques and agile methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Great team player with respect for others, yet able to work independently
- Leadership acumen, ability to lead strategic and creative discussions with clients, stakeholders, and internal team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (technical or analytical field a plus)
Why you want to work here
- Because you like to help businesses achieve new things with technology
- Because you like working with a group who operates with genuine care, integrity, ethics, and fun
- Because you like doing things the right way and are infinitely curious
- Because you are highly passionate and want to work with others who are as well
- Because you like working with a talented team that can execute against expectations
Some cool benefits
- Work from home / Work from anywhere is an option for this role
- Unlimited snacks and beverages of your choosing
- Unlimited holidays, vacation, sick days
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Health Insurance, Dental, Vision
- Quarterly bonuses
- Valentine day office fairy
- Flexible hours
- No dress code (sometimes you have to dress up more for client meetings)
- No politics
Who is Slingshot?
Slingshot is a group of big kids and daredevils with its main location in Louisville, KY and additional offices in Nashville and Chicago, with workers located throughout the US and Ukraine. We’re smart, passionate, creative, and modest ;). We’ve been around since 2005 and build software products for web and mobile that solve real problems for all types and sizes of organizations. We like helping our clients and making sure whatever we build has a huge impact.
Curious about this role? Apply for this job by filling out the form below. Hope to hear from you soon!
The Slingshot Team