About this Role
Slingshot is looking to hire a talented and passionate junior .NET software developer. We want someone who enjoys helping businesses with technology, likes collaboration, enjoys problem solving, and is eager to learn.
In this role you’ll be expected to write code, communicate with stakeholders and other developers and team members, and execute on projects of various sizes and complexity in all different industries. You will be well supported and surrounded by senior level developers who will help guide and mentor you through the early stage of your career and your day to day.
You’ll work on back end routines and code, APIs, and various internal and external facing web applications. You’ll interact directly at times with the client, but be supported by senior team leads, developers across the entire company, and product managers. You’ll be responsible for delivering exceptional quality code and communicating frequently and clearly with the rest of your team.
This is an entry level position and we don’t expect expertise coming in, but you must possess excitement about learning and be at least familiar with web, database, and backend technologies primarily in the Microsoft Stack.
- Can work virtually from anywhere in the United States. Must be in a time zone within one hour of EST, exceptions if you can be flexible in your working hours to match ours.
- Be excited about collaboration with your fellow developers, designers, product managers, and clients
- Be eager to learn
- Write clean and well-organized code
- Test your code and pay attention to details
- Full stack development, primarily with the Microsoft Stack.
- Should be competent in web technologies
- Should be competent in working with and writing SQL statements
- Knowledge and experience in AWS or Azure a plus
Why you want to work here
- Because you like to help businesses achieve new things with technology.
- You like working with a group who operates with genuine care, integrity, ethics, and fun
- Because you like autonomy & are infinitely curious
- Because we were founded by developers and put tremendous trust and value in their work
- Because you are highly passionate and want to work with others who are as well
- Because you enjoy being exposed to a variety of industries, problems, and ways of doing things
Who is Slingshot?
Slingshot is the most bada$$ software development shop in Louisville :). We’re smart, passionate, creative, and modest ;). We are big kids & daredevils. We’ve been around since 2005 and build software products for web and mobile that solve real problems for all types and sizes of organizations. We like helping our clients and making sure whatever we build has a huge impact.
Curious about this role? Apply for this job by filling out the form below. Hope to hear from you soon!
The Slingshot Team