About this Role
Slingshot is looking to hire a talented and passionate wrangler of people, ideas, and problems.
This role is for an individual who enjoys the tactical day to day work of bringing a product to life. In this role you’ll be solving problems, advocating for the user, working with the design and development teams, and working under the supervision of a Senior Product Owner.
You’ll be expected to drive to the root of a problem and work with the team for a creative solution. You’ll then guide the team through design, development, and launch.
In this role you’ll be assisting the Senior Product Owner on the design and strategy of a product while also acting as the scrum master and writing stories when the idea transitions from design to development.
A background in technology or engineering is necessary for this role and you should be excited overall about working within a software driven environment. You should be someone who loves people, solving problems, and is well organized. We want someone who is confident enough to recommend solutions to stakeholders and drive collaborative discussion amongst the team.
You will have support in this role from a Senior Product Owner and we are accepting those who are newer to this role and excited to learn.
- Work closely with Product Owner(s) to plan and coordinate the execution and delivery of product builds
- Breaks down features into technical stories for development of products
- Plan and execute user testing of products
- Lead project coordination – work with clients on getting necessary deliverables and access, coordinate meetings as needed
- Lead daily standup meetings with development teams, clear blockers as needed
- Participate in sprint planning meetings
- Responsible for keeping track of time and budget
- Has a background in software development
- Enjoys working with people and loves tech
Required skills & expertise
- 1-3 years of product management experience working on web and/or mobile products
- Hands-on experience in all stages of the product life cycle
- Prior software development or design experience a plus
- Capable of managing multiple projects at once
- A passionate commitment to user-centered design and development
- Proven track record of making smart trade-offs between feature development versus time-to-market
- Familiarity with product and software development techniques and agile methodologies.
- Solid grasp of web design principles and an understanding of front-end web technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Great team player with respect for others, yet able to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (technical or analytical field a plus)
Why you want to work here
- Because you like to help businesses achieve new things with technology
- Because you like working with a group who operates with genuine care, integrity, ethics, and fun
- Because you like doing things the right way and are infinitely curious
- Because you are highly passionate and want to work with others who are as well
- Because you like working with a talented team that can execute against expectations
Some cool benefits
- Work from home / Work from anywhere is an option for this role
- Unlimited snacks and beverages of your choosing
- Unlimited holidays, vacation, sick days
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Health Insurance, Dental, Vision
- Quarterly bonuses
- Valentine day office fairy
- Flexible hours
- No dress code (sometimes you have to dress up more for client meetings)
- No politics
Who is Slingshot?
Slingshot is a group of big kids and daredevils with its main location in Louisville, KY and additional offices in Nashville with workers located throughout the US and Ukraine :). We’re smart, passionate, creative, and modest ;). We’ve been around since 2005 and build software products for web and mobile that solve real problems for all types and sizes of organizations. We like helping our clients and making sure whatever we build has a huge impact.
Curious about this role? Apply for this job by filling out the form below. Hope to hear from you soon!
The Slingshot Team